Monday, January 6, 2020

Things I was thankful for in 2019

This last year, I have been writing down one or two things I was thankful for each day. It puts a different perspective on life when you try to find at least one thing to be thankful for every day. Granted, I didn't always remember to do it, but it has still been helpful to me. I thought I would share some of the things I found to remember, and maybe this will encourage you to foster a spirit of thankfulness too.


  • Generous coworkers
  • Memories
  • A break from working at the local grocery store.
  • Having time to finish a knitting project before returning to school.
  • For the Sabbath, a time of rest and time with friends.
  • Safe travels back to school.
  • That I recovered quickly from a sickness.
  • Being in choir with all my friends.
  • Finishing homework quickly.
  • Hiking a mountain and seeing the sun on a cloudy day. Singing around the piano with friends.
  • Prayer group, always lifting me up when I need it.
  • Only one class, my favorite one, choir. Week of Worship blessings.
  • Bible study group on Jacob. Such a blessing to experience with my friends. 
  • Feeling apart of a community.
  • My friends. Trying to never take them for granted.
  • A relaxing time with a good friend.
  • A performance gone well.
  • A wonderful drama production that reminds me of life and its complexity.
  • My small group taking care of me when I'm sick.
  • A great vespers program reminding us of service and all the different ways to serve.
  • Thankful for a day of singing, a game with friends, my sister's birthday.
  • Praise for a friend being able to attend school.
  • Thankful for the joy Jesus gives us! And all the beauty around us. A day to think about God.
  • Spending time with friends on their birthdays, bonding over games, writing on my blog.
  • My blog, and the community that enjoys and is blessed by my writing.
  • For all those who give me writing content for my blog,
  • To live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
  • Singing at vespers with friends.
  • For days where adventures happen. 
  • Lazy days.
  • Thankful for a reminder that everyone is beautiful in their own way and the importance of confidence.
  • For a long weekend.
  • Thankful for a shopping excursion with friends.
  • For organic conversations with my Bible study group.
  • For some older friends meeting my newer friends.
  • To be in a house with a friend.
  • For thoughtful friends.
  • For opportunities to fellowship with others.
  • For conversations over Dutch Blitz. For relaxing drama breaks.
  • To be at a wonderful school.
  • For service opportunities.
  • Thankful for singing and ministering to others.
  • For sunny days and hot showers and naps.
  • For days when plans change.
  • For spring break.
  • Time with friends and beautiful music.
  • Talking to family, being with friends.
  • GYC Northwest. A wonderful blessing. New friends. Cats. Seeing old friends. Choir opportunity. 
  • Fresh beginnings.
  • Birthday surprises for a friend. 
  • My sisters.
  • Celebrating my birthday 3 months early.
  • The promise of heaven.
  • For my mom.
  • School banquet.
  • Seeing some friends from Alaska.
  • Choir tour. 
  • Seeing a friend sing.
  • Strawberry shortcake.
  • Changing my major.
  • Renew in the mountains.
  • Summer. Time with my cousins and sisters.
  • Singing with my family. 
  • A picnic on the beach.
  • My sister's birthday.
  • Seeing an old teacher.
  • Helping with a Vacation Bible School. Showing kids how loved they are. Seeing God's beautiful creation. 
  • Working on sister relationship. 
  • Enjoying my birthday. 
  • Time with God.
  • Celebrating my parents on their birthdays and anniversary.
  • Having adventures. Time with family.
  • Rain stopping the fires. 
  • The chance to give. 
There is so much more I am thankful for, I am truly blessed. I try to remind myself of that each day. For now, I will let you think of ways you can remember how blessed you are.
                     Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment