Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Winter Traditions

I asked several of you on my social media platforms what some of your favorite winter traditions are. Since it just snowed yesterday and is still falling, we might actually have winter now, so it seemed appropriate to write this post. Growing up, I enjoyed building snow caves, making snow men, sledding and having snowball fights, and so much more. Most of these things are hard to do with little snow here at college, and so maybe it is time to develop a few new traditions. Without further ado, here are some of your favorite traditions-- maybe it is time for you to add some new activities to your winter list too! Enjoy reading--and winter!!!


  • "Making snow ice cream"
  • "Hot tea. Board games."
  • "Visiting the light covered botanical garden in Boise, Idaho."
  • "We don't always get snow where I live in Oregon. My two most favorite things about snow are that it is a reminder of how clean the blood of Jesus makes me. And when the snow is on the ground everything seems so quiet and peaceful. This year I went snow tubing for the first time, I loved it and would love to make it a snow tradition."
  • "Going for walks in the snow."
  • "Skiing!"
  • "Snowmobiling is one of my favorite snow activities."
  • "Snow camping!"
  • "Favorite traditions is watching movies, curled up in blankets, and spending lots of time with friends and family. Night sledding. Sledding just in general."
  • "I like to make snow angels."
  • "My all-time favorite winter tradition is sledding when there's snow and ice fishing as well."
  • "I love snow days because I get extra time to work."
  • "When we visit my grandma at Christmas at Andrews, we sometimes go sledding on a hill on trays borrowed from the Andrews cafeteria!"
  • "Building snowmen, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing."
  • "I love looking at the stars and Northern lights. They are quite beautiful."
  • "I like going sledding on hills at home, or riding on the back of my brother's four-wheeler through the snow."
  • "Cross-country skiing and snowboarding, just chilling in the mountains and having snowball fights."
  • "Collecting fresh snow in a bowl and adding tang for our own snow cones."
  • "Sledding. Skiing. Ice skating."
  • "I love downhill skiing, snowmobiling with my family, and winter hikes. Snow is my favorite and I really treasure whenever it's around."
  • "Winter Traditions: well I remember I spent four weeks in Idaho surrounded by snow. I forgot what color looked like while I knocked on all those doors. So for me, my favorite winter tradition is to complain about the snow haha."
  • "My birthday falls in winter so I always get super excited about that time. I love to go snowboarding it's super fun. I don't have any traditions in particular but I love the idea of sitting in a warm Jacuzzi up at a log cabin in the snowy mountains. That would be a fun tradition to visit a log cabin each year."
Well folks, that was your favorite winter traditions. I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe have some ideas for new traditions. Catch you next time!!!
Sara
 

No comments:

Post a Comment