Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Musical expression

I just love music. Music is how I can express my feelings, other than writing. It's a form of poetry that just speaks to me whatever I'm feeling, and helps me express my thoughts and emotions. Songs like "There is sunshine in my soul today" that express how I can be happy even when it's a gray day outside. Instrumentals like the Forrest Gump or Chariots of Fire themes make me want to run or to move and the music is so beautiful. Favorite Things from The Sound of Music helps me to remember to think of all my blessings and the things that make me happy and this will help me to keep a cheerful spirit. Songs such as All Things Bright and Beautiful or This is my Father's World remind me of the beauty of this earth and what an artist God is who created all this wonder for us to enjoy and revel upon. And On Jordan's Stormy Banks keeps me thinking of the greater country to come, while This World is not my Home helps me to maintain the attitude of a traveler to the better country, and Seeking the Lost shows me that I have a responsibility to point others to the right path and therefore help us all to reach the kingdom of God sooner. There are so many other songs.
Music has always been a huge part of my life. I grew up in a musical family, and many people in my family play piano or some other musical instrument. Singing is also an important activity in my family. I began playing the piano when I was in middle school, and in high school I was privileged to be apart of a choir for three years and a small church choir my junior year and a select choir my senior year.
When I was at ARISE last year we sang a LOT. It was so fun. At worships, at church, at vespers, in the hallways and probably several other places. Here at college music is my lifeline. If I didn't have the joy of music and writing, my life would be quite boring. I am quite seriously thinking of joining the university choir next quarter so that should be fun. I am so glad God is an artist. He creates beauty in all of our lives through music, nature, and the people who we love and who love us.
Anyway, have a good day, and keep singing!!!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment