Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Things I'm thankful for in 2020

 I know 2020 was a tough year for everyone. I am not arguing that. I spent nearly the whole year in a tiny town in Alaska and it took much more effort to not feel forgotten. It was kind of lonely, but I was also blessed by friends reaching out and/or visiting. Even though it was a challenging year, I have found things to be thankful for. Below is my list I have created throughout the year.

     January

  • For a new year and a new decade, for new starts.
  • For relaxing and slow-paced days.
  • Thankful for skiing adventures.
  • Thankful for our car.
  • Thankful for my blog.
  • Thankful for old friends.
  • Thankful for movie nights and my family.
  • Thankful for Sabbath, comfort and my dog.
  • Thankful for family taking care of me when I'm sick.
  • Thankful for reflection time in the morning before work.
  • Thankful for time to read.
  • Thankful for friends connecting with me.
  • Thankful for warm showers.
  • Thankful for good meals.
  • Thankful for letters- both reading and writing them.
  • Thankful for my health.
  • Thankful for stars and for books.
  • Thankful for babies to sweeten the world.
  • Thankful for fellowship and my sister.
  • Thankful for beautiful yarn.
  • Thankful for God guiding and providing for me.
  • Thankful to have people in my life who are comfortable to talk to.
February-April

  • Thankful for children, music, books and good food.
  • Thankful for the good feeling I got from complimenting someone and receiving a compliment in return. And for smiling at each other (before masks ;) )
  • Thankful for all the love I have from friends and family and for chocolate and flowers.
  • Thankful for Sabbath and music.
  • Thankful for cuddles and stories when I don't feel so well.
  • Thankful for my Christian heritage and upbringing.
  • Thankful for sunrises that fill my heart with joy.
  • Thankful for getting to see some Alaskan college friends at the Winter Camp meeting in my town. It was nice to have company. Thankful for important messages and for getting to play games (Dutch Blitz club) after so long. (this was right before covid shutdown)
  • Thankful that my sisters had safe travels back from Hawaii, and Peru especially. And for all my other friends who were overseas.

May-August

  • Thankful for stickers and celebrating my sisters' graduations from 8th and 12th grade.
  • Thankful for seeing a friend and hiking and Sabbath.
  • Thankful for my sister's birthday and good food.
  • Thankful for sunshine and new starts.
  • Thankful for finishing a project.
  • Thankful for friends, sun, and good bread.
  • Thankful for beaches and my family.
  • Thankful for creativity that I can share with my friends.
  • Thankful for camping trips and the sunset and flowers.
  • Thankful for the freedom we still have and fireworks at midnight.
  • Thankful for beauty and God's love and not getting lost.
  • Thankful for sun and my income and friends and yellow yarn.
  • Thankful for fellowship and hiking with friends on a sunny Sabbath day.
  • Thankful for my birthday and my friends' and family's love.
  • Thankful for broody gray days.
  • Thankful for dreams and letters and God always guiding and taking care of me.

September-November

  • Thankful for my college classes and growing myself as a person this quarter. And for possible new friends I met this weekend.
  • Thankful for finishing my homework quickly and that it is almost the weekend. Excited to celebrate my mom's birthday also.
  • Thankful for books and Bible study and friends.
  • Thankful that our quarantine is almost over so we can go to church.
  • Thankful for teachers who reach out and encourage you. And classes that are challenging and growing me as a person. And our new Student Missionary.
  • Thankful for stories and sunshine.
  • Thankful for sunshine and music and the Sabbath that is coming.
  • Thankful for sunshine and mist and bonfires.
  • Thankful for good stories.
  • Thankful for my vanishing headache.
  • Thankful for skating in the rain.
  • Thankful for extra time to work on projects.
  • Thankful that I will be able to see my family soon.

December

  • Thankful that I was able to spend time with some friends and family in Alaska (a different area from where I live) and also some family and a friend in Washington. 
  • Thankful that my Wisdom tooth surgery went well.




No comments:

Post a Comment