Monday, October 15, 2018

These Little Miracles

So I have been thinking a lot lately about babies recently. I have several friends or acquaintances who have been having babies or have small children or are pregnant. Even Meghan Markle is now expecting! I also have several young cousins, and considering that I am the oldest, and my eldest(younger) sister is the next oldest, of all our cousins on both sides of the family, we have a lot of younger children in our family who look up to us, and it is fun to be with them. My sisters and I currently have a total of 13 cousins, ranging from 15 all the way down to nearly a year old. I am nearly 19 and a half years older than the youngest of the lot. I also have a few young friends who are anywhere from 1st to 3rd grade.
I enjoy children because they are so innocent and so easy to love. I have several good memories from the summer that included children. When I first went home, I spent a week with cousins and it was a blast. My twin cousins Mandy and Macy were wanting to be with us every second. My cousin Enoch, whose family I lived with for a year in high school, wanted to be with me and hold my hand. Isn't it cool how children see you as their hero and love you no matter what? No matter what you have done, children are quick to forgive.
Enoch was talking so well. He is three and a half. The last time that I had seen him before the summer was August 2017. His vocabulary had much improved and we were able to have a complete conversation. It was surreal, how much he had grown in those months. His little brother was starting to crawl, and it was the first time I had ever seen him due to my long absence from home. I had missed out on so much. Treasure the moments because they grow so fast!
Children are such miracles. Think about the chances of a child being conceived, then surviving until birth, and then somehow surviving to adulthood. So much could go wrong. Life is a miracle. God is the one who keeps us alive and gives us the blessings of children.
Jesus once said that we should become like little children if we wish to enter the kingdom of heaven someday. What does that mean? I think we just have to look at the children in our lives to know the answer. May I be more trusting and rest in God's arms, free of cares. May I be loving and kind to everyone I meet. May I be more easy to forgive and quick to forgive others. May I become like a little child. This is my prayer. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment